Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Welcome JOMC 711 Class!

I am excited to begin our adventure into Writing for Digital Media! As a long-time consumer and contributor of online discussion groups, reviews, and real-time interaction, I'm more than a little in love with online communication. The changing face of media has moved us from individual consumers to community contributors. We all have the ability to shape the media that is produced today and our comments can widen the scope of discussion into realms that were not previously explored.

And the rate at which information can spread has increased dramatically with the introduction of blogs, Twitter, and other outlets of social media. Often I will get information on Twitter or Livejournal before the major media outlets have had time to construct an article. Just today, with the earthquake that rocked the East Coast, I could see the spread of the shocks as it reached NC, DC, and NY by people on my Twitter feed checking in with reports.

The face of media is changing and I am excited to be involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment